A Pipe Fabricator is a professional who fabricates and assembles piping products often seen in the refinery, petrochemical, and pipeline industries. This position requires 3 years minimum shop experience.
- Fabricating piping from stock lists/design to complete fabrication.
- Identifying materials needed to complete fabrication.
- Organizing jobs in a manner which maximizes materials and labor.
- Performing at moderate to high level skills when measuring, cutting, threading, and attachment of fittings.
- Selecting, inspecting, and using tools and rigging aids.
- Pulling, processing, labeling, and organizing finished job materials for each job site.
- Meeting schedule deadlines.
- Wearing proper protective equipment.
- Ensuring that fabricating tools are regularly maintained and are in working order.
- Organizing fabrication materials, tools, and equipment are kept in an orderly manner.
- Coordinating and/or utilizing materials returned from the job.
- Verifying bills of material requested and document any shortages that may exist.
- Recommending and implementing approved organization and process improvements.
- Requesting and listening to feedback regarding the quality of fabrication.
- Assisting with stocking shop inventory and general shop housekeeping functions.
- Assisting Shop Manager with miscellaneous basic general shop needs that may arise and/or be deemed necessary.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years of previous experience fabricating pipe (piping industry is preferred.)
- Ability to complete job related paperwork is required.
- Ability to meet and maintain department productivity, job safety, quality requirements, and meet deadlines in a timely manner is required.
- Ability to work in shop environment and be exposed to, dust, dirt, job related lubrication, cutting/ cleaning agents, solvents, bonding agents, etc. is required.
- Ability to lift up to 80#s on a consistent basis is required.
- Ability to meet and maintain established physical and environmental job requirements is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed. Sundays are not worked except on very rare occasions..
- Retirement IRA with matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Dental / Vision / Disability insurance available
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Thursday